Sweet Potato Corn Cake
Recipe adapted from www.epicurious.com
3 lbs. sweet potatoes
1 cup fresh sweet corn, cut from the cob
1/2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp salt
1 large egg
⅓ cup yellow cornmeal
1 cup plain breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 400F. With a fork, pierce sweet potato. Wrap sweet potatoes in aluminum foil and bake until tender, 45 minutes to an hour.
- Allow sweet potatoes to cool and then scoop the flesh out into a large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir until combined.
- Cover mixture and refrigerate up to 30 minutes.
- Take out of refrigerator, shape into small patties and place on baking sheet. Bake at 400F for 15-20 minutes, or until lightly brown.
Nutrition Facts: Calories 240, Total Fat 1.7g, Saturated Fat 0g, Cholesterol 19mg, Sodium 336mg, Potassium 1198mg, Total Carbohydrates 51g, Fiber 7g, Protein 5g.